Why Piano Teachers Need the Local Market Offers Program
Building a student base large enough to satisfy one's financial goals is often a long and difficult process. One group of potential clients—previously unreachable and therefore overlooked—are those who are shopping for a piano for the first time and have not yet made a purchase. Since most piano buyers are first-time buyers, there's a good chance that someone who is about to buy a piano needs a teacher, too. Until now, it's been virtually impossible to advertise to these shoppers, but the Local Market Offers Program makes it easy for these potential students to find you before they find someone else. Simply put, this program delivers your promotional offer to qualified local piano shoppers just as they are about to buy a piano. You pay only when your offer is delivered.
How It Works
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyer, the successor to The Piano Book by Larry Fine, is read by tens of thousands of active piano shoppers annually. Available FREE online at www.PianoBuyer.com, it is by far the most widely read piano-buying reference available. Once shoppers have done their research, their next logical step is to begin to shop. Most, having never bought a piano, have little knowledge of their local market, let alone how to find a good piano teacher. They need all the help they can get. Plus, everyone loves a deal!
Immediately upon accessing PianoBuyer.com or PianoMart.com, a shopper will be taken to a customized web page containing offers from local piano dealers seeking business in that shopper's area, followed by offers from technicians, teachers, and others. Typical offers from dealers might be for special sales, discounts, or free financing. Technicians will offer discounts on used-piano evaluations or other piano services. Typical offers from teachers might be for:
- free or discounted lessons with a long-term commitment
- free lesson materials with first year's lessons
- free introductory lesson
- reduced rate for a student's siblings or parents
to cite a few creative possibilities.
Each offer description is expandable to a full-page, printable ad or coupon that can be presented to you, making it easy to track the results of the promotion.
Precision-Targeted and Precision-Timed:
Why the Local Market Offers Program is better than other forms of advertising
- Most viewers will be serious piano shoppers—a prime market for piano teachers—and not the general public.
- Your offer is displayed at the moment it can have the greatest effect—precisely when the shopper is ready to shop and needs to find a piano teacher.
- Your offer is delivered only in your local market, which you define for each offer. Over time, this can help you develop a student base closer to your home, minimizing travel time and expense for you or your students.
- Unlike most advertising, which you have to pay for whether or not anyone reads it, with the Local Market Offers Program, you pay only when your offer is delivered.
- You set your own maximum monthly budget for each offer.
- The program can be made fully trackable: You'll know how many people saw your offer, how much you spent on advertising, and how much teaching work resulted.
- The program is extremely flexible: Change promotions or turn offers on or off at will, and advertise in multiple categories, as your business needs require.
- Your account and offer setup are very simple. You'll be up and running in minutes.
Manage Your Own Online Advertising Portal!
When you sign up, you'll have access to a password-protected online portal, through which you can:
- Configure the market in which you wish to have your offer distributed, according to metropolitan area, distance from home or studio, or by state, county, or zip code
- Upload your own unique ad, or we can make one for you
- Change your offer at any time
- Set the maximum amount you wish to spend each month, and change it at any time
- Access statistics on offer performance, such as number of offers delivered and amount spent in a given time period, amount remaining in monthly budget, etc.
Pricing is on a "pay-per-offer-delivered" basis— that is, you’ll be charged a fee only when you offer is displayed to a zip-code-matched shopper—within the market area and maximum monthly budget you define during the offer setup.
If your monthly budget is reached before month's end, you'll receive an e-mail alert giving you the option of either raising the budget to continue offer delivery, or discontinuing delivery until the beginning of the next monthly billing cycle. Monthly billing is to your credit card.
You pay only when your offer is displayed to a customer in your market area. The total due is charged to your credit card at the end of each calendar month. The price per delivered offer varies by product or service category.
|Piano Rebuilding & Restoration||$1.20||83|
|Piano Servicing, Tuning, and Used-Piano Evaluation||$1.00||100|
|Piano Moving, Benches, Lamps, Other||$1.00||100|
|News, Concerts, and Events (when accompanied by a Piano Dealer ad)||$0.50||200|
If you do the math, we believe you'll conclude that this program is an outstanding value.
For example, with the cost per delivered offer at $0.75, if you budgeted only $60 per month (our estimate of the budget needed to display an offer to all shoppers in a typical teacher's market in a mid-size metro area), this program could deliver your offer to up to 80 active piano shoppers each month. That’s a detailed offer description, expandable to a full-page ad, and feature enhancements, delivered to 80 piano shoppers in your own backyard, many of whom need a piano teacher now—for only $60! If only one of these 80 shoppers became a long-term student (a conservative estimate, considering how precisely targeted the shoppers are), the first month's lesson fee would likely more than pay for the program, and the years of lessons to follow would have come at no additional cost to you. At this rate, over the course of a year, your offer would be delivered to 960 highly-targeted prospects, and your $720 investment could result in dozens of new students, returning many thousands of dollars in teaching income for years to come.