Why Piano Dealers Need the Local Market Offers Program
There are many ways to advertise pianos, but nearly all have the same goal: to reach active piano shoppers in your market area and persuade them to visit your store. Until now, this has been difficult to do cost-effectively because few media have enough local active piano shoppers among their readers or listeners to make advertising worthwhile.
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyer, the free online successor to The Piano Book by Larry Fine, is different. Tens of thousands of our readers annually, including many in your local market, are preparing for an imminent piano purchase. Now, with our new Local Market Offers (LMO) Program, using zip code matching, we can locate shoppers in your market and guide them directly to you! Simply put, this program delivers your promotional offer to qualified, local piano shoppers, at their request, just as they are about to begin shopping.
How It Works
Immediately upon accessing PianoBuyer.com or PianoMart.com for the first time, shoppers will be taken to a customized web page containing offers from local piano dealers seeking business in the shopper's area, followed by offers from technicians, teachers, and others. Typical offers will be for:
- special sales
- manufacturer rebates
- discount coupons
- special financing offers
- free accessories with purchase
- free or discounted lessons or tunings
Each of these offers is expandable to a full-page, printable ad or coupon that can be brought to the store, making it easy to track the results of the promotion.
"I'm in! The concept is great. Partnering with Piano Buyer fosters a much stronger alliance between the "serious" piano purchaser and the advertising dealer. I'm looking forward to the launching of this great prospecting and selling tool."
Frank and Camille's East
Melville, New York
Precision-Targeted and Precision-Timed:
Why the Local Market Offers Program is better than other forms of advertising
- Your offer is displayed at the moment it can have the greatest effect—precisely when the shopper is ready to shop.
- Most viewers will be serious piano shoppers—your prime audience—and not the general public.
- Your offer is delivered only in your local market, which you define for each offer.
- Unlike most advertising, which you have to pay for whether or not anyone reads it, with the Local Market Offers Program, you pay only when your offer is delivered.
- You set your own maximum monthly budget for each offer.
- The program can be made fully trackable: You'll know how many people saw your offer, how much you spent on advertising, and how many sales resulted.
- The program is extremely flexible: Change promotions or turn offers on or off at will, and advertise in multiple categories, as your business needs require.
- Your account and offer setup are very simple. You'll be up and running in minutes.
Manage Your Own Online Advertising Portal!
When you sign up, you'll have access to a password-protected online portal, through which you can:
- Configure the market in which you wish to have your offer distributed, according to metropolitan area, distance from a storefront, or by state, county, or zip code
- Upload your own unique ad
- Change your offer at any time, and create multiple offers, each with a different ad and market area; for example, one for new pianos (within authorized market area) and another for used (in a broader market area)
- Set the maximum amount you wish to spend each month, and change it at any time
- Access statistics on offer performance, such as number of offers delivered and amount spent in a given time period, amount remaining in monthly budget, etc.
Dennis M. Hagerty
"The decision to advertise in the Local Market Offers Program is a no-brainer. If we don't do it, we're not smart. Placing Keyboard Concepts squarely in front of a buyer on a "pay-per-click" basis is a great program, and we look forward to being on board from the very beginning."
Keyboard Concepts, Inc.
Van Nuys, California
Pricing is on a “pay-per-offer-delivered” basis—that is, you'll be charged a fee only when your offer is displayed to a zip-code-matched shopper—within the market area and maximum monthly budget you define during the offer setup.
If your monthly budget is reached before month's end, you'll receive an e-mail alert giving you the option of either raising the budget to continue offer delivery, or discontinuing delivery until the beginning of the next monthly billing cycle. Monthly billing is to your credit card.
You pay only when your offer is displayed to a customer in your market area. The total due is charged to your credit card at the end of each calendar month. Note that, depending on the nature of your business, you may wish to place offers under multiple categories. For example, a piano dealer who, in addition to selling pianos, also offers restoration services and piano instruction, might place offers under three categories. Discounts are available for national or multi-state offer distribution.
|Piano Rebuilding & Restoration||$1.20||83|
|Piano Servicing, Tuning, and Used-Piano Evaluation||$1.00||100|
|Piano Moving, Benches, Lamps, Other||$1.00||100|
|News, Concerts, and Events (when accompanied by a Piano Dealer ad)||$0.50||200|
If you do the math, we believe you'll conclude that this program is an outstanding value.
For example, with the cost per delivered offer at $1.80, if you budgeted only $360 per month (our estimate of the budget a dealership in a mid-size market would require in order to display your ad to all shoppers in that market), this program could display your offer to up to 200 active piano shoppers each month. That's a full-page ad, plus detailed offer description and feature enhancements, delivered to 200 piano shoppers in your own backyard, many of whom are actively looking to buy—for only $360! At that rate, over the course of a year, your offer would be delivered to 2,400 active piano shoppers for $4,320, less than the cost of a couple of ads in a metropolitan newspaper. The gross profit realized by closing a sale with only one or two of these 2,400 active piano shoppers will pay for the program for the entire year!